Cold or low-level laser therapy is the application of infrared light over wounds or injuries to improve healing and relieve both acute and chronic pain.
Low-level photonic light therapy uses cold laser light energy to directly “ biostimulate” energy to the cells of the body without injuring or damaging them in any way.
How Does Low Level Laser Photonic Therapy Work?
Low-level lasers supply energy to the body in the form of non-thermal photons of light. Light is transmitted through the skin’s layers affecting cellular healing at many levels.
When low level laser light waves penetrate deeply into the skin, they optimize the cellular healing activity and immune responses of our nervous system. This has both anti-inflammatory and immunosuppressive effects. It is a scientific fact that light transmitted to the body in this way has positive effective throughout the whole body, supplying vital oxygen and energy to every cell.
How Does Low Level Laser Therapy Benefit Users?
- Relieves acute and chronic pain
- Stimulates the immune system
- Stimulates nerve function and repair
- Increases the speed, and strength of tissue repair
- Increases blood supply
- Develops collagen and muscle tissue
- Helps generate new and healthy cells and tissue
- Promotes faster wound healing
- Reduces inflammation
Low-level laser therapy does not require constant, ongoing treatments, as is often required with traditional chiropractic or physiotherapeutic remedies.
Many acute and chronic conditions can be improved or eliminated with laser use, including:
- Wound Healing
- Migraine headaches
- Repetitive Stress Injuries (RSI)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS)
- Sprains and strains
- Post-operative pain
- Tennis Elbow
- Golfer’s Elbow
- Soft tissue injuries
- Post-operative wounds
- Pressure sores
- Herpes simplex
Is Low-Level Laser Therapy for You?
- Do you suffer pain from an old or new sports injury or accident?
- Do you suffer from repetitive stress injuries such as carpal tunnel syndrome?
- Do you suffer from lower back pain?
- Do you suffer from migraine headaches?
- Do you take pain medications more than three times a week?
- Do you ever wake up in the night with pain?
- Do you suffer from skin ulcers, bed or other pressure sores?
- Do you suffer from acne or skin problems?
- Do you have potential scarring from a recent surgery?
- Do you suffer from herpes simplex (cold sores)?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, low-level laser therapy might be great for you.